- Manuscript must by submitted by e-mail at address mailto:email@example.com, which gives all additional information.
- Submission of the paper implies that it has not been published previously, that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere, and that if accepted it will not be published elsewhere in the same form without the written permission of the editor.
- Authors are responsible for obtaining from the copyright holder permission to reproduce any data and fi gures for which copyright exists.
- All papers will be independently refereed, double blind reviewing is employed. All papers are reviewed initially by the Editor and/or delegated member of Scientifi c Board of Journal. This person(s) determines whether the paper covers the „Aim and Scope” of the journal, initially estimates its level and proposes reviewers. Reviews are carried out anonymously from (Polish or foreign) scientific centers other than author´s (authors´) of a given article paper. According to the results of the reviews, the paper is redirected to authors or to the additional reviewer. The chairman takes the fi nal decision whether to publish the paper or not. In cases where a manuscript is returned to an author for revision, it must be resubmitted within 60 days; otherwise it will be assumed to be withdrawn.
Please sign the attached bellow Copyright assignment form. It can be either emailed, with your electronic signature(s), back to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed as a signed form to +48 61 848 7808.
Declaration - Copyright assignment form
- Proofs will be sent to the corresponding author and should be returned within 48 hours of receipt, preferably by e-mail. Correction should be restricted to type settings errors only.
- Page charges are obligatory for publications. For some specifi c cases the publications may be free of charge. Detailed information is available from the secretary.
- Manuscripts for publishing in Acta Scientiarum Polonorum Technologia Alimentaria must confi rm to the manuscript proceedings. All submitted papers written in English must be prepared according to the following rules.
- Paper length - in general papers should not exceed 12 pages (A4-format) inclusive of tables and illustrations.
- Manuscripts´ style - the use of font type of Times New Roman and size of 12 pt 1.5-spaced is required. Font styles like bold and italic are accepted but without underlying of letters, words and sentences.
- Tables and illustrations should not exceed 16.5 cm × 19.5 cm. Tables should not duplicate results presented elsewhere in the manuscript (e.g. in graphs) and include only essential data with appropriate statistical values. All descriptions should be printed with a font size 8-9 pt. Tables and illustrations should be numbered consistently and given a suitable caption and each one presented on a separate sheet.
- Tables descriptions, descriptions of illustrations and fi gures must be written in English. Tables and fi gures numbers in Arabic numerals.
- Units: the SI system should be used, e.g. g·dm-3 (not g/dm3).
Literature references in text - the author´s last names and year of publications should be given in brackets e.g. [Kowalski and Lewandowski 2000, Lewandowski 2001, Zalewski et al. 2001] or „...according to Kowalski ”.
The cited literature should be published in scientifi c papers of international range and only exceptionally the manuals positions should be included. Literature references should not be given in illustrations, fi gures, tables and under the page. All literature data mentioned in the text must be given in the literature references.
Literature references - must be listed alphabetically in the form as following: the author´s (authors´) last name (-s) with initials, year of publication (if more than one publication of the same authors, each should be marked by the letter a, b, c, etc. placed after year), article´s title, place, volume number, issue number, page numbering.
Brisson G.J., 1982. Lipid in human nutrition. MTP Press Limited, Lancaster, England.
Desai J.D., Banat I., 1997. Microbial production of surfactants and their commercial potential. Microbiol. Mol. Biol. Rev. 61, 1, 47-64.
Huffman D.L., 1993. The development of low-fat ground products. 39ICoMST, 1-6 August, Calgary, Abstracts and Review Papers, Session 7, 293-303.
Tamuri M., Mitsuo Y., Miyoshi K., Ishii Y., 1982. Heat and acid stable alpha-amylase enzymes and processes for producing the same. Patent USA, No 4, 284, 722.
All title must be translated to English.
The manuscript should be arranged according to the following pattern:
- title (please use capital letters only when needed),
- names of authors (with first names spelled out, middle names as initial, and last name CAPITALIZED),
- affiliations of all authors (with e-mail addresses),
- up to 6 key words,
- detailed mailing address of the corresponding author with the phone and fax numbers, and e-mail address,
- structured summary,
- Introduction, Materials and methods, Results, Discussion, Acknowledgements, References, tables, and figures. Figure captions (including full legend describing the figure and explaining all the symbols used) must be pasted below respective figures (do not repeat them). An excess of headings and subheadings should be avoided. Only generic and specific names should be set in italics. Any issue not covered by the present instruction should be resolved based on “The scientific style and format”. The CBE Manual for Authors, Editors, and Publishers. Sixth Edition 1994, Cambridge University Press.
- Last page: title, abstract, keywords in Polish (Polish speaking authors only).
The summary should be divided into small chapters:
- Background (Why the study was initiated? Why this type of study is needed? and What is the aim of the present paper?),
- Material and methods,
- Results, principal
- Conclusion (with a closing remarks—What is the importance of the present findings? and What directions it sets for future research?) Please note that the Conclusion is not a summary of the results, but a more general statement.
While writing the summary please keep in mind that it may be also reprinted separately by abstracting/indexing journals or databases. In research notes or rewiev articles a short conventional abstract should be written instead of a structured summary.
The procedure of reviewing
- Each publication is evaluated by editor-in-chief and if the basic requirements are fulfilled the text is sent to review.
- Each publication is evaluated by at least two independent Reviewers.
- If the text was written in a foreign language, at least one of the Reviewers is affiliated in a foreign institution, which is different than the Author’s nationality.
- The double-blind review process is applied, where neither the Authors nor the Reviewers know each other’s identities.
- The review is a written document, which ends with a definite conclusion whether the article should be published or rejected.
The following evaluation criteria and procedures are applied:
A – very good article – accept
The article is accepted for printing without sending back to the Author. The Author receives a message about the positive review.
B – good article – accept when the Reviewer’s comments have been fulfilled
The article is sent back to the author to make changes suggested by the Reviewer. Then the Author resends a corrected copy of the article with the opinion about the remarks in the review to the editors. The Editor-in-Chief makes a decision whether the article should be accepted for printing
C – acceptable after general reconstruction
The article is sent back to the Author to make general changes suggested by the Reviewer. Then the Author sends a corrected copy of the article with the opinion about the remarks in the review to the Editors. The Editors send the article for another review. The Author may be committed to pay extra costs of the review of the corrected article.
D – poor – the article should not be published in Acta Scientiarum Polonorum
The article is not accepted for publication and cannot be resent to the Editors.
- A – very good article – accept
- Every year a list of reviewers collaborating with the Editors is published in the last (fourth) issue of the quarterly and on the website, when all the four issues of the journal have been sent to printing.
In electronic version subscription is free of charge (please sign the form at: http://www.food.actapol.net/en/subscription), in paper format, please contact: email@example.com.